We gathered feedback from a gamut of customers- OEMs, engineers, MROs, and distributors who indicated they would use the Cross Reference & Competitor Interchange tool because they want:
- Shorter lead time than their current vendor.
- Lower cost than their current vendor.
- To stay with Parker but the part they had used is obsolete.
- Alternatives when a company that makes their part no longer exists.
- Ability to cross-reference and make an interchange with competitor’s parts.
- Find a replacement for an obsolete part and alternative parts.
- Find the replacement part quickly, 24/7, from anywhere, without having to make a phone call.
Parts are available for the following product categories with more being added daily:
- EMI Shielding
- Filters, Separators, Purifiers
- Fittings and Quick Couplings
- Hose, Piping, Tubing and T-Slot Framing
- Motors, Drives and Controllers
Using Parker’s Cross-Reference tool is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply enter a competitor’s complete or partial part number or a Parker complete or partial part number and the results will display suggested Parker functionally equivalent parts.
Getting startedStart by visiting the Cross-Reference & Competitive Interchange web portal. After agreeing to the disclaimer statement, you will see this.
In the [Search] box, you can enter a single part, or up to 5 parts separated by commas. Even if you do not have the full part number, you can type in as little as two characters to have results displayed.
Automatic selection of Contains vs. Exact
- If 2 characters are entered, Exact search results are automatically displayed.
- If 3 or more characters are entered, Contains search results are displayed, with Exact matches displayed first. I.e. all parts that contain the string of characters entered in the search box.
- Up to 100 results are displayed. At the bottom end of the results, is a [Show More] bar. Clicking on that will display more results if they are available.
Example 1– In this example, you are looking for a replacement part from the manufacturer Weatherhead (Eaton) and have a partial part number of 1001.
Step 1- Type 1001 into the [Search] bar.
- [Cross From] is the Manufacturer's name.
- [Product Type] are each of the product categories that resulted from the number entered in the [Search] bar.
- [Division] is Parker's part division.
From the [Results] menu:
- [Type] is Parker's part category.
- [Cross From] is the Manufacturer.
- [Part Number] is the complete part number.
- [Cross to Parker] is Parker’s equivalent or interchange part.
- [Fit] – if a green checkmark is displayed. Fit refers to the ability of the part or feature to connect to, mate with, or join to another feature or part within an assembly.
- [Comments] are brief descriptions. A comment in yellow means you can hover your mouse over it and description will display.
- [Where to buy] – clicking on this takes you to the Product Locator.
Step 3– Once you have identified your [Type] category, use the left navigation menu to further filter your results. Use the [Cross From] drop-down menu, you can type in the first few characters of the manufacturer's name, to find the manufacturer [Weatherhead Eaton].
Clicking on the [Division] drop-down menu, [Hose Products Division] will display as the available choice.
Step 5– You have found your interchange [Part Number] H10012. Under the [Cross To Parker] column the part is hyperlinked to the Push-Lok Higher Pressures Multipurpose hose product page.
- View Series Page for the technical specifications.
- Share/Email and Print.
- Request a Quote.
- Find a Distributor from the Where to Buy button.
Example 2- In this example, you are searching for a replacement for an Alco Filter. You do not have the full part number but know that it contains .
Step 1- Type  into the [Search] bar to display the results.
Step 2- As you know the manufacturer, you can choose by name from the [Cross From] drop-down menu on the left side navigation menu.
We hope you have found this post helpful and will utilize our Cross-Reference & Competitor Interchange tool frequently and for all of your replacement part needs! Be sure and bookmark this post and the application itself for future use.
Article contributed by the Parker Global Team.